Want to play the game of baseball at the highest level? Then, you need to become a leader and use knowledge to take a chance and make a change If it makes sense, don’t wait, make the change IMMEDIATELY.
Changes that help you continue to grow, to help you improve as a baseball player. A knowledge-based change with one purpose in mind, to get better.
It starts by opening your eyes to what is real. Research helps you realize that knowledge is the difference maker in becoming your own coach and being the best baseball player you are capable of. Honestly the length of your baseball career is right under your nose [e.g., a book, a video, or even a mentor].
Gain knowledge, then ask questions, accept criticism, and in each case determine for yourself if the knowledge someone is sharing makes sense. Do this, and you will find the solution to what it takes to become the best you can be for every aspect of your game; hitting, fielding, pitching.
Do you have what it takes to become a leader? Or being honest with yourself, is it easier telling everyone you want to play at the highest level? If so, whether you know it are not, you are fooling yourself and contented with mediocrity; YOU ARE “just blowing smoke”?
Ms. Roselinde Torres, Leadership Expert, believes to become a Leader, to become your OWN COACH, we need to view things transparently and constantly ask ourselves these three questions:
1. Where are you looking to anticipate change?
- Don’t Know? Get evaluated!
- An honest assessment to make sure you know what to change, because without making the right change, nothing changes.
2. What is the [range] measurement of your network?
- Study those who have succeeded.
- Compare those who succeeded to those who failed, and ask why
- Seek honest answers from players, coaches, psychiatrist, and trainers. Identify what you need to improve on, determine the best approach to get there; then CHANGE.
3. Are you courageous enough to abandon your past? A Courage that begins with research that results in knowledge.
- Knowledge identifying the right things to improve
- Knowledge identifying if those you hang with are influencing your improvement, or holding you back
- Knowledge on HOW to make the correct changes
Use these three questions to ensure every action you are performing is helping you become closer to what you are looking for [e.g., hitting bombs, throwing 90]. The moment you are able to teach yourself is the moment you are knowledgeable enough to take control and become your own coach. To become your OWN Leader. Then repeat.
Remember no one fails, you either succeed or find out what you need to work on.
So work on it!
Until next Blog, if you need help – let’s TALK!